Who walks our Trails?
- Anybody who is reasonably fit. Children 16 years or older.
- Morning walks could be up to four hours long, afternoon walks about 2 hours. Distance is never long.
- No more than eight guests on each trail.
- Singles, couples, groups, corporate groups are all welcome.
What can we expect to do?
- The typical day would start at the lodge/camp at sunrise with tea/coffee/rusks.
- You will either walk from the lodge/camp or drive to an area and walk from the vehicle.
- A hearty brunch would be served around 10h30 on your return.
- Free time for a rest in the early afternoon.
- A light afternoon tea would be served around 3pm.
- The afternoon activity would be either a walk or drive followed by sundowners and the drive back to the lodge/camp looking for the nocturnal life of the bush.
- Dinner would be served on return to the lodge/camp.
How safe are we?
- All walks/drives will be conducted in Big Five dangerous game country.
- Full safety briefings will be conducted before every walk/drive.
- All guides will be qualified FGASA Trails Guides and suitably armed for safety purposes only, equipped with hand-held radios and be First Aid qualified.
What should we bring?
- Neutral coloured clothing, (khaki, light brown, green).
- Warm jackets, warm clothing for the early mornings and evenings, in winter (May - August).
- Light raincoat/poncho.
- Wide brimmed hats, caps.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Small comfortable rucksack/backpack.
- Water bottles, at least 2 x one litre bottles, per person.
- Sunscreen ( high factors).
- Insect repellent.
- Cameras, binoculars.
- Torch/headlamp and spare batteries.
- If allergic to bees, appropriate medication should accompany you at all times.
- As trails are conducted in Malaria affected areas, anti-malaria medication is a personal choice, consult your doctor in need.
- Personal snacks (careful of the tree squirrels, they tend to like goodies).
- If you are a smoker then please ensure you bring your own supply sufficient to last you for the duration of the trail.
- Personal reference books, birds, mammals, trees etc., but nothing too heavy!!
What is the price of the Trails?
- We will quote you with a price once the Trail(s) of your choice and the duration thereof has been finalized.
What does my Trail Price Include?
- All accommodation, food, teas, coffees, and all activities.
- Includes soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Excludes transfers to and from camps/lodges.
- Excludes Kruger National Park entrance fee.