The Pafuri Walking Trail
For those wanting a more "Close to Nature" type of bush experience, the Pafuri Walking Trail provides a rustic tented camp
type accommodation situated near the banks of the Luvuvhu River on the southern boundary of the Makuleke Concession. This
unfenced tented camp will allow you to enjoy a true wilderness experience in the heart of the Makuleke bush 24/7 throughout
the duration of your trail where the day's bush activities literally start as you open the flap of your tent.
- The Trails Camp is situated within one of most scenic landscape areas with imposing sandstone ridges and exquisite Riverine Forest. It is also in the middle of very busy Big 5 routes with the Luvuvhu River being so close by.
- The Pafuri Walking Trails run seasonally from 1 April to 31 October and on a 4 day, 3 night basis.
- The accommodation is in walk-in 2 man canvas tents with comfortable spring beds and linen. Each tent has an enclosed ensuite chemical toilet/porta-loo.
- Four bucket type hot water showers are provided to wash the days dust away.
- All meals are prepared on-site in a gas serviced kitchen
- Morning walks commence at first light after coffee/tea and a light breakfast walking either from camp or using the vehicle to drive to a drop-off point, parking, then walking from the vehicle. Driving back to camp, brunch is served with the option of a shower and some much needed down time before the afternoon walk or drive and sundowners.
- Returning from the night drive back to camp, we meet around the fire with ice cold drinks followed by a three course dinner which brings to an end another amazing day in an area that is undoubtedly one of Southern Africa's best kept secrets.